The NSBIA employs a “Governance Board” model.
Effective Governance is a partnership between the Board and the operational arm of an organization.
The board undertakes specific functions as a governance body:
- They set strategic direction for the organization, on behalf of membership
- The review the operational budget, in consideration of the achievement of goals for the organization
- They assure compliance management regarding policy, financial management and the use of public funds.
- They utilize knowledge, connections and skills when requested to assist in driving the organization forward.
- The board speaks through the President as a unified voice on issues.
- The president is the primary conduit to the operational arm of the organization.